At Kitchen Design Centre, many of our ovens are fantastic if you hate to clean.
In fact, if you get one of our Neff self-cleaning pyrolytic ovens, they will burn off any deposits from baking, roasting and grilling. You’re left with a perfectly clean oven and a residue of fine ash that’s easily removed with a damp cloth.
On our Neff ovens, there’s a special electronic setting designed to keep CeramiClean® surfaces inside the oven as clean as possible. Used on a regular basis, it can keep your oven interior lining remarkably clean with minimal maintenance required.
But many ovens, sooner or later, may still need a clean.
We know cleaning your oven is one of the most hated tasks in the home, but we’re here to help. Here are some top tips for cleaning your oven.
1. Loosen the dirt first: Placing a heatproof bowl of water in the oven for half an hour will allow the to steam to soften grease and grime, making it easier to remove.
2. Use a glass scraper: This may be the best tool for getting tough stains off the door and floor.
4. Paint on a gel cleaner: This comes with a brush makes it easy to reach the back of the oven and doesn’t have a potent chemical smell.
5. Put filthy shelves into a cleaning bag: Squirt the gel into the re-usable bag that comes with the cleaner, then leave overnight for best results.
6. Use baking soda: Keen to avoid harsh chemical cleaners? For a home-made eco cleaner, professional cleaning experts recommend using a mixture of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) and vinegar.
7. Clean shelves dishwasher: Running them through a hot wash in the dishwasher can easily get thorough encrusted grime on oven shelves.
8. Consider a pyrolytic oven: A Pyrolytic (self-cleaning) oven uses a high temperature to burn off grime. All you need do is sweep away the pile of ash afterwards.