November’s live cooking Masterclass impressed dozens of attendees at our Colne kitchen showroom.
Held from 7pm until 9pm on Thursday 7th November, the Masterclass took place at our showroom in Colne.
Professional Home Economist and Food Stylist, Ann Reynolds brought some truly flavorsome recipes to the table. On the menu we had: Salmon and mushroom toasties, honey and mustard sausages, oat and sour cherry cookies, orange crusted salmon, passion fruit and lemon curd roulade and pea and mint frittata.
Our guests enjoyed the oat and sour cherry cookies so to make your own, follow the recipe below:
Oat & Sour Cherry Cookies
255g (9oz) butter, softened
55g (2oz) caster sugar
110g (4oz) light brown sugar
140g (5oz) self-raising flour
225g (8oz) porridge oats
200g pack of sour cherries
60ml (4 tablespoons) milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. CircoTherm. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick baking liner or greaseproof paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the flour, oats and cherries and mix well.
4. Add enough milk to blend to a soft consistency.
5. Spoon onto baking sheets. This mixture will make approximately 18 cookies.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow cooling before removing from the tray.
Cooking tip: cooking these on two trays will ensure great results. They will be moist inside and crisp outside thanks to CircoTherm’s ability to seal food quickly.
Kitchen Design Centre’s MasterClasses are monthly events, hosted by one of Kitchen Design Centre’s providers, Neff. So, why not pop into our next event held at our Manchester showroom on Saturday 8th February 2014 (11-:00pm).
You’ll find us inside Housing Units, located just off the M60, at Junction 22.