Yummy Carrot and Nut Cake recipe
What will your first bake of the New Year be? If you’ve been overindulging over Christmas, you might like to enjoy a healthier start to 2015 with this yummy Carrot and Nut Cake by Neff.
Neff CircoTherm® If you do not have a Neff CircoTherm® oven, just alter the temperature to; 170C fan, 180C conventional or gas mark 5.
Serves 8-10 slices
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 15 minutes at 160C
200g / 7oz plain flour
140g / 5oz caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
150ml / 6oz low fat sunflower oil
140g / 5oz peeled & grated carrot
Zest of 1 orange
55g / 2oz of sunflower seeds, pecan nuts, shelled pistachio nuts, roasted hazelnuts, dried apricots and mixed fruit.
30g / 1oz icing sugar
1 tbsp orange juice
You can download the recipe card here.
- Grease a 19x9cm loaf tin and turn on the oven to CiroTherm® temperature 160C.
- Roughly chop the nuts, dried apricots and grate the carrot.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the caster sugar and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs and combine with the sunflower oil.
- Slowly add the eggs and oil to the dry ingredients and mix well. Cooks tip – it should be wet enough to just fall off the spoon when tapped.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake at 160C for around 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 30 minutes. When cool, mix together 30g of icing sugar with 1 tablespoon of orange juice and drizzle over the top.
For more tasty recipes, keep an eye on our blog!
Let us know what you think of the Carrot and Nut Cake recipe in the comments below or tweet us @ModernKitchens